"Triggers and cues lead people to talk, choose, and use. Social currency gets people talking, but Triggers keep them talking. Top of mind means tip of tongue." (Berger, 92)The second concept that Berger discusses is the use of triggers. The best example I found was the idea that peanut butter usually triggers the thought of jam. Associating our business, dance, with day to day things will help keep us in "top of mind, tip of tongue."
Below is a Facebook ad we ran this summer for our intensive dance summer program. We were playing on the idea that although many of our senior dancers travel during the summer, many others stay in Toronto. We took some photos of a dancer in the Toronto subway system, which is fairly recognizable to Torontonians. I believe it also works as a trigger though. I know I have often thought back to these pictures when I pass Pape station. Many of our students take the TTC to school and to Pegasus every day, and we have a large population of parents that are TTC riders as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment